ALLEN, TX – Spikefest, the world’s largest 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 amateur volleyball tournament, is celebrating its 29th birthday this year! This year’s event will be held July 28 & 29 at Celebration Park, 701 Angel Pkwy, Allen, Texas 75002. ENTRY FEES: 3 on 3 — $200 / team and 5 on 5 — $300 / team. Deadline Entry is July 23 with discounts for early registration.
3-on-3 teams consist of four players (three players plus one substitute) and 5-on-5 teams consist of six players (five players plus one substitute). Teams come from several states to participate in the legendary tournament and festival. Event producers expect this year’s event to show substantial growth from the previous event with over 1,000 players participating and several thousand spectators enjoying the festivities. The 29th tournament includes the return of the Masters Division to accommodate long time players who “can still bring it… just not against the young whippersnappers” and an expansion of the junior division that will feature both boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 18 Also, interested participants will be able to participate in several drawings and contests organized by sponsors of the event. Amateur players with skills varying from beginner to tournament veterans will compete for bragging rights of being the victor of one of the largest and most prestigious amateur volleyball tournaments in the world.
“It’s a great feeling to be going strong after 29 years! I think in addition to being the largest amateur 3-on-3-and 5-on-5 volleyball event in the world we just may be the oldest! I wonder how many people know one of the oldest, amateur volleyball events in the country is in Dallas, Texas”, said Rodney Hand, the event’s creator. “I look forward to continuing to grow the Dallas event and building on its legendary reputation as the must attend volleyball event in the southwest,” added Hand.
- Junior Boys
- Junior Girls
Adults are broken into levels of volleyball expertise in each division. They are:
- “Open” — Elite Tournament Veteran. I’m great and everyone knows it!
- “A” Advanced — Very Experienced. I got game and most would agree!
- “BB” Intermediate — Played Tournaments Before. I won’t embarrass myself or those who come to watch me!
- “B” Recreational — Mostly out for Fun & Sun. Perhaps I look better than I play!
- “Masters” — can still bring it …Just not against the young whippersnappers” – 2 Age brackets 35 and up and 45 and up
- “BB” Intermediate — Played some form of organized volleyball before. I like the idea of having to cover less of the court!
- “B” Recreational – Bring on the backyard BBQ.
Junior divisions (3-on-3 only) are broken down by age brackets. They are:
- Junior Level I Boys – 16 to 18 years of age*
- Junior Level II Boys – 12 to 15 years of age *
- Junior Level I Girls – 17 to 18 years of age *
- Junior Level II Girls – 16 years of age *
- Junior Level III Girls – 15 years of age *
- Junior Level IV Girls – 13 to 14 years of age *
- Junior Level V Girls – 12 years of age *
* Cut off for Ages are as of event dates
** Please note due to safety concerns no pets are allowed in the Spikefest event area. For more information or to register online visit www.spikefest.com or call the Spikefest toll-free hotline at 1-888-3-V-O-L-L-E-Y.