This post, "KT Tape And U.S. Olympic Committee Launch Working Out With Team USA Presented By KT Tape" was originally published on Team USA Volleyball.
By United States Olympic Committee | Aug. 11, 2017, 12:30 p.m. (ET)
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – KT Tape® and the United States Olympic Committee will unveil an inspiring “Working Out With Team USA presented by KT Tape” video series this weekend. Over the coming months, the series will share the story of six athletes and their journeys to reach performance goals and chase their Olympic and Paralympic dreams. “Working Out With Team USA presented by KT Tape” debuts with a special 30-minute television broadcast on NBCSN on Sunday, Aug. 13, at 10:30 p.m. ET / 7:30 p.m. PT, and continues online on TeamUSA.org, as well as across Team USA and KT Tape digital platforms.
“We are excited for the debut of ‘Working out with Team USA presented by KT Tape’ and for the opportunity to showcase how KT Tape is supporting Olympians, Paralympians and hopefuls in their journeys. This is a dynamic series that truly embodies the drive of each athlete and their determination to be the best,” said Greg Venner, chief executive officer of KT Tape. “We are proud to support Team USA, and we hope to encourage athletes everywhere to continue to push themselves to finish stronger.”
The series highlights six KT Tape athlete ambassadors, including Olympic and Paralympic medalists and hopefuls. Among them are beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings, marathoner Meb Keflezighi, Paralympic skier Oksana Masters, speedskaters Thomas Hong and Mia Manganello, and alpine skier Julia Mancuso. Through weekly videos and digital content, viewers will get a detailed look at the athletes’ training regimen, and learn how Team USA athletes utilize KT Tape and other tools to achieve peak performance on the world stage.
“We are proud to be working with KT Tape on this series that gives fans a glimpse of the dedication and commitment of Team USA athletes working in pursuit it of their Olympic and Paralympic dreams,” said Lisa Baird, USOC chief marketing officer. “Athletes constantly push their bodies during their workouts, so it was a natural fit to have KT Tape sponsor this original Team USA series, as athletes rely on this adhesive tape to help them train and compete at the highest level.”
Following the NBCSN broadcast, fans can follow the stories online. Individual profiles of each athlete will be released on TeamUSA.org, with supporting content on the Team USA digital channels, including KT Tape instructional videos and behind-the-scenes content on Instagram. The complete series and additional information on how athletes use KT Tape will also be available on KTTape.com.
- Kerri Walsh Jennings (beach volleyball) – The most decorated beach volleyball Olympian of all-time, she has three gold medals (2004, 2008, 2012) and one bronze (2016) on the beach. A five-time Olympian, she also competed in indoor volleyball in 2000.
- Meb Keflezighi (marathon) – A four-time Olympian, he won the silver medal in the marathon at the Olympic Games Athens 2004. At the Rio Games in 2016, he became the oldest U.S. runner in Olympic history to compete. He is also a winner of the Boston (2014) and New York City (2009) marathons.
- Oksana Masters (Nordic skiing, cycling) – A four-sport athlete, she has Paralympic medals in rowing (bronze 2012) and cross-country skiing (silver and bronze 2014). She competed in cycling in 2016, and after winning gold in four Nordic skiing world championship events in 2017, has her sights set on both cross-country skiing and biathlon in PyeongChang next year.
- Thomas Hong (speedskating) – An Olympic hopeful, he is a four-time world junior championships short track speedskating team member and won two medals at the 2016-17 World Junior Championships (silver, bronze).
- Mia Manganello (speedskating) – An Olympic hopeful, she collected multiple wins at the 2017 US Long Track Speedskating Championships, where she also tied the American record in the women’s 3000 meter. She was the first U.S. skater to race in the Gangneung Oval – the new venue for the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018.
- Julia Mancuso (alpine skiing) – The most decorated American woman in Olympic alpine skiing, she owns four Olympic (gold 2006, two silver 2010, bronze 2014) and five world championship medals, and she is focused on racing in her fifth Olympic Games in South Korea next year.
KT Tape is the official kinesiology tape licensee of Team USA through the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020. The category leader in kinesiology tape and sports medicine taping products, KT Tape is available to U.S. athletes, coaches and USOC sports medicine staff at all U.S. Olympic Training Centers. KT Tape’s commitment to the Olympic and Paralympic movements also includes relationships with eight National Governing Bodies – USA Cycling, USA Gymnastics, USA Rugby, U.S. Soccer, US Speedskating, USA Track & Field, USA Triathlon and USA Wrestling. Additionally, KT Tape’s family of ambassadors includes 17 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes and hopefuls across 10 sports.
KT Tape is a lightweight, elastic sports and fitness tape designed for muscle, ligament and tendon pain relief and support for many sports-related injuries. Applied along soft tissue, KT Tape interacts naturally with the body’s neuromuscular systems to allow individuals to remain active while recovering from injuries. It is the only solution that provides pain relief and support before, during, and after activity without restricting motion. KT Tape is designed to withstand sweat, strain and can be worn in water or under body-hugging athletic apparel, while providing long-lasting relief.
Fans can support both Team USA and their muscles with the KT Tape PRO USA line. The PRO USA tape is available in red, blue and black and can be purchased at retailers, including DICK’S Sporting Goods as well as online at KTTape.com.
Follow the “Working Out With Team USA presented by KT Tape” series and stories through the hashtag #WorkingOutWithTeamUSA.
About KT Tape
KT Health (dba KT Tape), based in American Fork, Utah, is the category leader in sports medicine taping products, providing pain relief solutions and support for many common sports-related injuries. Used by professional athletes, Olympians and Paralympians, and every day athletes, KT Tape products have been adopted in nearly every sport. Following the Beijing 2008 Olympic and Paralympic Games, KT Tape experienced accelerated growth as its products became widely available in retail channels. Currently, KT Tape products are sold in over 35,000 retail locations in the U.S. and 40 countries worldwide. KT Tape’s broad distribution covers sporting goods, food, drug and mass retail channels, as well as clinicians, online retailers and the company’s own e-commerce site, KTTape.com. KT Tape empowers consumers with a wealth of educational resources, including a vast library of online videos and on-site demonstrations at more than 150 athletic events each year. With new innovations and an expanding product line, KT Tape continues to strengthen its global presence. For more information, visit KTTape.com.
About the USOC
Founded in 1894 and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, the United States Olympic Committee serves as both the National Olympic Committee and National Paralympic Committee for the United States. As such, the USOC is responsible for the training, entering and funding of U.S. teams for the Olympic, Paralympic, Youth Olympic, Pan American and Parapan American Games, while serving as a steward of the Olympic and Paralympic movements throughout the country. For more information, visit TeamUSA.org.